Michelin is set to launch its Agilis 3 into the commercial light truck tyre market, targeting conventional load customers involved in people and goods transportation activities. The newly launched tyre aims to capture the larger high-potential, light-load segment with exceptional solutions – in terms of safety, performance, and environment.
The company says that the key technologies and features incorporated in Agilis 3 include:
- Stone Ejectors, horizontal bars in the tread groove designed to minimize stone trapping, resulting in a tyre that keeps customers’ downtime to a minimum and lowers their running costs;
- Sidewall Shields, made with an abrasion-resistant rubber compound, that provide extra sidewall shoulder protection of 1.5mm thickness versus the current generation, without compromising the casing flexibility;
- Innovative Compound with higher density of silica & carbon black materials for improved wet grip, fuel saving, and mileage performances;
- U-Shape Grooves that allow a higher water clearance for lasting wet grip performance;
- Full Depth Sipes that help ensure good flexibility of the tread blocks, resulting in market-leading wet grip performance, both when new and when worn; and
- Under Tread which keeps the operating temperature cooler thus helps reduce fuel costs.
Michelin says these features offer shorter wet braking distance compared to its major competitors; superior mileage performance compared to its previous generation; and better rolling resistance than average competitors.
The new Michelin Agilis 3 is now available at Michelin’s authorised commercial light truck tyre dealers across the nation. All size ranges (including 4 new sizes), from 13- to 17-inch diameter, cover the entire light 1-to-3-ton load segment of Australia’s commercial light truck tyre market.