Goodyear in the US has unveiled the Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive, a tyre that comnbines innovative tread design and sidewall features and which delivers, the company says, Goodyear’s most comfortable ride to date.
“We know that drivers value a premium ride,” said Mike Dwyer, Goodyear’s chief customer officer, North America Consumer. “Not only does the Assurance ComfortDrive deliver on that; it also provides outstanding handling and wet performance to give consumers confidence when they drive.”
Goodyear says the Assurance ComfortDrive offers:
- ComfortFlex Technology, designed for smoother transitions and impact absorption, while delivering ultra-refined handling;
- Optimised AquaChannel grooves that are symmetrically balanced to help maximise water evacuation and reduce hydroplaning for superior wet road performance;
- Innovative noise-reducing tread pattern helps eliminate sounds from the road;
- Evolving Traction Grooves and TredLock Technology, combined with soybean oil compound, which help maintain traction while providing lasting control and responsiveness;
- Sustainable compounds; in addition to soybean oil, some Assurance ComfortDrive tyres also feature rice husk ash silica. This environmentally friendly material helps to reduce waste going to landfills and is an integral part of a specialized tread compound that delivers confidence in wet and cold conditions without compromising fuel economy or tread life; and
- Built-in wear gauges allowing consumers to easily check their tread depth.
The Assurance ComfortDrive will be available from September 2020 in 44 sizes, ranging from 16- to 20-inch rim diameters.