Goodyear has announced that its Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV and Eagle F1 Asymmetric SUV All-Terrain tyres have been chosen by Jaguar as original equipment for the E-PACE, the British manufacturer’s medium-sized SUV. Both tyre models will carry ‘JLR’ marking as a sign of Jaguar Land Rover’s approval.
Goodyear says the tyres have been developed by its engineers to meet specific requirements on low rolling resistance, low weight and good off-road performance and have been homologated as original equipment in the following sizes:
- Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV – 235/60R18 107V XL (Class A in RR)
- Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV – 235/55R19 105W XL (Class A in RR)
- Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV – 245/45R21 104Y XL (SoundComfort Technology)
- Eagle F1 Asymmetric SUV AT – 235/65R17 108V XL (Class A in RR)
- Eagle F1 Asymmetric SUV AT – 235/50R18 107V XL
- Eagle F1 Asymmetric SUV AT – 245/45R21 104W XL (SoundComfort Technology)
Goodyear has provided Class A RRC (Rolling Resistance Coefficient) for 3 of the 6 sizes, while providing 2 sizes with the Goodyear SoundComfort technology, a Foam-in-Tyre solution that reduces interior car noise levels.
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV is an Ultra-High-Performance tyre specifically developed for SUVs and is the latest model in the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric range. The company says its focus is on optimised braking and handling in all conditions.
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric SUV AT is a more off-road oriented version of the tyre, specifically designed for Jaguar with wider grooves for increased grip in off-road conditions and deeper blades for a better winter performance.