Australian customers can now experience FordPass Connect – Ford’s tech system that uses an embedded modem paired to the FordPass smartphone app to enable users to access a host of connected services. The system will initially be rolled out to the Ford’s Ranger, Everest and Transit vehicles.
Those services include:
- Vehicle Status and Remote Vehicle Monitoring: Through the FordPass app’s Vehicle Status feature, owners can check their vehicle’s key fuel level, tyre pressures (where digital read-out tyre pressure monitoring system is fitted) and mileage.
- Remote Start and Stop: Drivers can start their vehicle’s engine from home, the office or elsewhere via smartphone, enabling the vehicle’s cabin to commence heating or cooling to the last known setting. The vehicle is ready to be driven once the driver arrives with the key.
- Remote Lock and Unlock: Drivers can lock and unlock their Ford remotely.
- Live Traffic Updates: Live Traffic Update delivers ongoing, instant traffic updates. It includes comprehensive traffic information and offers an alternate route when detecting congestion and heavy traffic conditions.
- Vehicle Locator: With a map and location tracker, drivers can find their way back to their vehicle in a busy parking area without the need to remember exactly where they parked.
- Vehicle Health Alerts: Notifications regarding such vehicle needs as servicing and general maintenance issues (e.g. washer fluid low alert). The alert is designed to identify specific issues and recommend a course of action.
Ford says the FordPass app is now available for download free of charge for Apple and Android devices, with immediate benefits for customers with compatible Ford models. In addition to rolling out on Ranger, Everest and Transit, the company says that all Ford new model year releases will arrive fitted with FordPass Connect, with full line-up coverage to be achieved by early 2021.
In addition to FordPass Connect, every new Ford model release will include SYNC 3, enabling Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, voice-activated sat-nav as well as Autonomous Emergency Braking.