Sumitomo Rubber Australia (SRAU) has released new Falken truck tyres, including a selection of large and small/medium truck tyres for highway regional/interstate and mixed on/off road applications.
“We’re excited to be reintroducing ourselves to the Australian trucking industry with no less than 24 truck tyres changes – and we have more in the pipeline,” announced Ken Furuhama, Managing Director of SRAU.
“Whilst we designed the new products with abrasive Australian roads in mind, the take-up of some products has been impressive, with BI850 being the standout” added Mick Small, SRAU’s Technical Service Manager. “Tipper/dog and livestock operators have quickly adopted it, with great results coming from the 22.2mm deep open traction pattern and mild cut/chip resistant compound.”
Key New Products
Highway Regional/ Interstate
For steer (all position) fitment, two new patterns are offered:
- RI151 in six sizes – 295/80R22.5, 265/70R19.5, 225/70R19.5, 235/75R17.5, 215/75R17.5 and 205/75R17.5.
- RI150 in size 255/70R22.5 suits medium trucks and drop deck trailers.
Drive Tyre Fitments
- BI851 drive tyre has two pattern designs and four sizes:
- 295/80R22.5 line-haul drive has a six-block pattern;
- While the narrower 205/75R17.5 & 215/75R17.5 delivery truck sizes and 235/75R17.5 have a five-block pattern.
- BI850 deep traction drive tyre has been introduced in the most common 11R22.5 size.
- BI877 is a four-block traction design for popular mid-sized trucks running tyre size 225/70R19.5.
Mixed On/Off Road
Further expanding Falken truck tyres coverage in construction and mining applications, new mixed service and off road tyres are now available. The GI388 is an all position tyre, suitable for steer, drive and trailer, with deep cut resistant tread and offered in sizes 315/80R22.5 and 11R22.5